The World Health Organization defines health as being “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Chiropractic adjustments help restore proper spinal and nervous system function, promoting the healing process. After your initial phase of chiropractic care is complete you may experience pain relief and the loss of your original symptoms. It is important to know that even after you feel better underlying muscle and soft tissue damage may remain. Therefore, we highly recommend continued visits to help retrain or correct the supporting muscles and ligaments of the spine.
Following the recovery of your original problem, regular chiropractic “checkups” or what we like to call wellness care, can help preserve your progress and prevent spinal decay. Periodic visits can help catch little problems before they become major concerns and promote optimal health. We encourage our patients to continue with proactive chiropractic care throughout their life just as you continue with your dental hygiene. Dental hygiene and spinal hygiene are very similar as both are needed to make sure those systems function properly. Except, in our opinion, your nervous system is much more important because every single tooth in your mouth can be replaced but there is no such thing as a spine transplant! You wouldn’t wait for a cavity to see your dentist, be preventative in your spinal health just the same way. In addition to regular chiropractic check-ups below are 5 ways we recommend helping stay healthy.
- Be Positive. While occasionally being in a bad mood is normal, constantly having a negative attitude undermines your internal happiness. To develop a more positive mindset, try to practice small acts of kindness for those around you.
- Quality Sleep-Vital to our well-being, sleep affects both our mental and physical health. Make sure you are getting enough, uninterrupted sleep each night! One way to do this is to make sure your bedroom is dark, and your electronics are turned off well before bedtime.
- Exercise-Establish regular exercise routines in your life. When establishing an exercise routine, it is important to find what works best for you and to have fun with it.
- Nutrition-Continue to work on eating healthy; vigilance will always be needed to be successful.
- Don’t Ignore Symptoms– If you have symptoms, seek medical attention; don’t ignore warning signs. Early treatment works best.
We are excited to help YOU Move Forward on your wellness journey!